Facility Updates/Closures 03.29.2023
- Santa Margarita Lake:
- Campgrounds – Roadrunner and Grey Pine campgrounds are open. Osprey sites 1-4 and Coyote sites 1-4 are closed.
- Boat-in sites are closed.
- Limited access to day-use areas.
- White Oak launch ramp open to motorized boats.
- Marina store closed and and launch ramp is open to hand launch non-motorized boats only.
- Mackey Point is open.
- All trails and dirt roads closed. No equestrians on paved roads.
- Santa Margarita Community Park turf areas are closed.
- Heilmann Regional Park turf areas are closed.
- Heilmann trails are open including Jim Green Trail.
- Lopez Lake is open for camping and day use.
- The launch ramp is open, however, boating is at your own risk and watch for floating debris.
- All trails at Lopez Lake are currently closed.
- Oceano Park playground is closed due to flooding.
- All County Parks hiking trails are closed.
- Bob Jones Trail is open.
- El Chorro Regional Park is open. However, the softball fields are closed until they dry out.
- El Chorro Campground is open.
- Cave Landing parking lot is closed.
- Dairy Creek Golf Course is open with carts restricted to cart paths. The driving range is open for hitting from mats only. Practice area is closed.
- Morro Bay Golf Course is open.
- Chalk Mountain Golf Course is open with carts restricted to cart paths.
- Coastal Accessway Closures:
- Cayucos: El Sereno and 2698 Studio Drive accessways are closed due to storm damage.
- Cambria: Wedgewood accessway and Lampton Cliffs are closed due to storm damage.
- Visitors should adhere to posted signage at all coastal areas.
- The Bridge Trail access to El Chorro Regional Park is closed until further notice due to unsafe conditions.
- The south lot of Cayucos Beach will be closed 03/29/23 – 03/31/23 for debris removal.
- Cayucos Beach playground next to pier will remain closed until safety conditions are improved.
- Los Osos Skate Park is closed.
Fire Restrictions Removed
The fire restrictions for SLO County Parks have been removed starting November 4th, 2022. Fires are permitted in developed camping and day use areas, unless otherwise marked or specified.
For additional information, please contact the following office(s):
Lopez Lake (805) 788-2386
Santa Margarita Lake (805) 788-2415
El Chorro Campground (805) 781-4417